Monday, February 15, 2010

BBQ!!!!

YUM! These pictures say it all!



We stopped at a famous BBQ joint called the Salt Lick in Driftwood, TX on our way home from San Antonio. We had missed it on a previous trip to Austin and I had complained to Brian for months. After the battle with the stomach virus I was not sure I would be up for it...but by Monday morning I knew we had to make the trip. It was AMAZING! In Texas there is so much debate over the best BBQ places but I have to say this is the best we have had so far. Logan loved it so much he was running his hand through the sauce in between bites of beef brisket and turkey! This is hardly normal fare for him but the taste made it an exception! We also had to end with the blackberry cobbler. Am I making you hungry yet? Too bad this place is really in the middle of nowhere! I guess that might be what makes it such a great experience to eat such wonderful food in a no-frills friendly atmosphere that is really off the map!

No comments: