
In addition to the typical "why" this and that, Logan has had some thought provoking questions lately. "What's an opportunity?" asked Logan yesterday after a nice long nap. Hmmm, I struggled to define that one. He was asking Daddy, "what does appropriate mean?" The other morning Logan asked why he could not stand on the chair. I explained that it might break and it was dangerous. "Why would it break?" he asked. "It is not sturdy," I explained. After continuing that line of questioning I tried a few more times to define sturdy. Finally, I showed him the nice bench that Derin and Uncle Frank made for us. "This is very sturdy," I said. That night Daddy had to explain to Logan that should not be standing on that very sturdy bench.
If he is not stumping us with difficult to define words, then he is busy creating his own Logan language. After months of trying to decipher what he was talking about here are our best guesses to his words and meanings. At this time Brian and I are still not at a consensus about most of the definitions.
"Strop"- a firework, rocket or something that makes a similar launch noise.
"Jonkie"- a bushy tail squirrel. Typically he says, "look at that Jonkie squirrel." Brian claims he has also refered to a bird as a "Jonkie".
"Macabroni"- a white cookie with some sort of sprinkle on top. Don't refer to a brown cookie as a "Macabroni" Logan will be quick to inform you that it is white!
"Mushroom pancake"- the name he came up with for the Flakey biscuits that you pop out of the tube. He loves to eat these at Grandma and Grandpa's house.
1 comment:
So cute. Love it!
Post a Comment